Monday 15 March 2010

Main Task - Charity Website

For our main task we were instructed to create a charity website for a chosen issue. I have researched into different charity websites in order to find an issue of which i can create a website for. I have chosen to create a charity website for neglected, abused and vulnerable children. I have looked at and reviewed other, simliar websites in order to help me gain ideas for the website of my own.

Other sites
I looked at a number of similar sites such as the nspcc website, every child website and the action for children website. I straight away noticed that each site showed much of the same things, with a conventional and easy to navigate lay out. A big similarity between the websites was the fact that they were all very simple and clear, so as not to be to complex to a possible donater. I therefore decided that with my website i would follow these conventions in putting my navigation bar in an easy and conventional place, and making sure my website was simple, with soft colour schemes throughout. I also noticed that most sites had a distinctive logo and so set about designing my own.

Target audience
The audience of which i will aim my site at will be adults over the age of 18 who will be most likely to donate money to the charity. I will therefore have the task of making sure my website appeals to a wide range of people of all ages rather than just a defined group. This is one of the main reasons of why i plan to keep my website very simplistic so that no particular group of people feel alienated to visit the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment